Sales are a crucial part of most businesses and it is the backbone of ours! Without sales… we can’t do anything. You need revenue to buy new products, you need products to rent to your clients, it’s a cycle. So how do you ensure that people will want to rent from your company?
Approaching sales for your business can be intimidating, especially if you don’t feel confident in the process. Creating an intentional plan for the way you sell to your clients will help in your confidence as well as help you sell at a higher rate! Recently our team has been implementing a concept we’ve learned from Donald Miller about the structure of a team and roles. Here’s the analogy — your business (or the business you work in) is like an airplane. Your leadership is the cockpit, your sales are the right wing, your marketing is the left wing, your engine is your operations, your gas is your cash flow, and your passengers are the clients that do business with you. Without that right wing of sales, your business will have a crash landing, and we want to help you avoid that!
In the episode, we share an acronym for sales that have been helpful for our team —
As the expert, it is crucial that you present your products and services in a clear and compelling manner. In order to do this with confidence, you’ll need to know your products/services like the back of your hand. So, if you are feeling uneasy about selling, it likely is time for you to study the “how” or “whats” of your products.
The attention you give your clients is highly important. Recently we learned that in a sales conversation, you should be talking only 30% of that conversation. Yep, you heard that right THIRTY. This is where actively listening, thoughtful notetaking, and strategic and efficient communication come into play. These tools will help you engage well and allow your clients to feel heard the other 70% of the time.
Leadership in a sales process means leading your client to the best possible outcome for their needs. At times, this looks like offering them added services that will improve their experience or not selling them more to raise that contract price. In order to lead well, you have your products and services alongside your clients’ needs so well that you recommend the best products and services for their projects regardless of what it costs.
Your attitude and how you talk in that 30% metric are essential to your brand and the trust you build with your clients. Authentic enthusiasm that is rooted in your brand is the key throughout the sales process. Your client should be able to expect the same communication no matter who they connect with from your team.
Relationship building is a fundamental aspect of an intentional sale process. Not only does it provide value beyond your product or service but it also aids in the long-term success of your sales career. A few practical examples – If that means you text with your client because the season they may be in allows for better communication that way, then pick up your cell phone and text! If checking in on your connections throughout the year makes them feel seen and recognized, then mark out time in your calendar ahead of time to do that.
Remember, sales are more than just the money transaction or the commission you bring home. Sales are about the connections, relationships, and intentionality you bring into each conversation and project that comes through your doors! Tune in next week as we share strategies for closing a sale.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
I thrive on using education to make true connections with all kinds of people. I want to point you towards better leading your teams, and guide you through all areas and stages of your business. I put a heavy emphasis on being present where your feet are, creating a community that is diverse and intentional, and growing in servant leadership through both my personal and professional life.
what makes us different
1101 Quaker Street
Dallas, TX 75207
*by appointment only please
We'd love to keep you in the loop about our latest offerings!
Join the Community
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have multiple types of educational routes to best fit your needs.
Call us: (214) 438-4775